MEGARO GYZI in Santorini again this summer surprises us with its perfect selection of artists that will perform there. August is not only about the moon in Santorini but about excellent performances as well.
- Saturday 10/8: The festival continues with the jazz trio of the extremely talented and internationally award-winning composer and pianist Nikolas Anadolis, who lives and works in Boston, USA. With him, in a special concert at Megaro Gyzi, Dimitris Goumperitsis on double bass and Sotiris Anadolis on drums.
- Tuesday 13/8:A melodic journey through time with the singer Zoe Papadopoulou, who interprets old and latest beloved Greek songs of the soul in a musical compilation for voice and piano, accompanied on the piano by Neoklis Neofytides.
- Saturday 17/8:A musical performance is unfolded by Demo_Deux, with the excellent voice of Spyridoula Baka being accompanied on the piano by Anastasis Sarakatsanos, while collaborating with them Dimitris Varelopoulos on guitar and Petros Lampridis on bass. They travel us on a musical journey to timeless favorite Greek songs, as well as melodies from the Balkans, the Mediterranean, Europe and the international cinema.
- Tuesday 20/8:The journey continues with Spyros Manesis jazz trio, where two of the most important representatives of the Greek jazz scene, pianist Spyros Manesis and trumpeter Andreas Polyzogopoulos, cooperate melodically with the extremely talented young bassist Arion Gyftakis, in a unique concert at Megaro Gyzi with original compositions of them but also approaches to the traditional repertoire of jazz and its modern trends.
- Friday 23/8:The festival΄s program is concluded withan acoustic latin evening from Roman Gomez Quartet with special guest star the great Cuban singer Odalis Palma. The two brothers from Argentina, Roman Gomez (piano, bandoneon, guitar) and Demian Gomez (percussion, drums), “marry” the traditional Argentinean music with Caribbean element and Cuban rhythm. In the quartet participate also two extraordinary Greek musicians, the saxophonist Dimitris Tsakas and the bassist George Palamiotis.